David Choi & Clara C in Philly!

One of the things that I really love about Bryn Mawr is that it encourages everyone to get out and explore Philadelphia. Not only does Bryn Mawr encourage students - it provides a way for students to travel, with no cost! The SEPTA ticket request system is something that I have truly come to value and appreciate, especially during my second year. It's a great way to spend the weekend, exploring museums, eating out with friends, and watch concerts - which is exactly what I did last weekend.

David Choi and Clara C

Signed polaroids! Woohoo!

With the ASA Culture Show coming up, it was really great to watch David Choi and Clara C - two Asian-American artists that made it big through Youtube. I don't know if it's because they're Korean, but I have constantly followed their careers starting from when they were merely known by one or two of their videos that had hit over 10,000 views. Now they're both producing albums (both have recorded two!), and they're touring all around the U.S. It really shows that if you stick your mind to it, anything is possible regardless of where you're from, what color your skin is, or how much money you have.

I ended up going to their concert with a fellow Bryn Mawr student, and we were both so excited to finally meet them in person. I don't know what it is about meeting famous people - it seems weird to have them in front of you - especially when you're used to watching them via youtube. They were both so humble, and with the help of our VIP tickets (woohoo!) we were able to converse with them for a bit. I had actually watched one of David's performances while I was still in Seoul, and it's amazing to watch just how much progress he's made in a long while. They embody what it means to believe and pursue - Even without a big record label, they're still doing what they love.

I don't know if it's because I am a sophomore - but I tend to think about what I want to do post-Bryn Mawr very often. I feel scared, and I can honestly say that I don't know what I want to do. I know I have interests, but sometimes I wonder - can this really become a profession? Will I be able to make a living if I choose interests over practicality? It's nerve-wracking, and there's always the pressure to succeed. However, I need to remember that pursuing passion will create happiness - and that should be how I measure success. What's the point of being successful if you aren't happy? It all comes back to the saying, "money can't buy happiness". It's something that I have to constantly remind myself - especially with the daunting task of declaring a major - and something that Clara and David fully embodied and reminded me of.

Until Next Time!

10 thoughts on “David Choi & Clara C in Philly!

1. Pingback: David Choi & Clara C in Philly! – Bryn Mawr Now (blog) | Septa Blog - All the Latest News.

2. Melissa Katrincic

Found myself on your blog following the "room draw" post on the Alum's FB group page. I immediately feel like I am back on campus reading your observations and thoughts here. Well done!

I had to comment on this one though as I want you to KNOW you've got the crux of it with your statement: "However, I need to remember that pursuing passion will create happiness – and that should be how I measure success."

Never forget it. Your passions will change as you progress into your junior and senior years, and as you graduate in 2015, they may feel completely different than today. Take comfort in that though. Your happiness is your passion -- hold true to that and you've got it.

- From a fellow BMC grad ('97)

Reply
    1. kyoh Post author

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I'm glad to know that i'm on the right path to happiness here at BMC! :)

Reply
  3. blog.foodnetwork.com

fantastic post, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of
    this sector don't realize this. You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a huge readers'
    base already!

Reply
  4. great essay tips

This is a fantastic guideline. Can help me a bunch to help
    tell several "iron head" consumers. nearly all of people do not view the
    advantages of this sort of advertising.... Thank you spreading that
    along with us listed here. Best wishes

Reply
  5. contact angle

I love your style of writing. I’m wondering within the event you may take a short check out my report and let me know what you believe with regards to my style. I am not a natural English speaker and so this really is why I ask.

Reply
  6. lingerie wholesale

Hi there, just became aware of your blog by way of Google, and identified that it is truly informative. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of men and women will benefit from your writing. Cheers!

Reply