Pre-registering for my LAST Semester…

Last week was a huge silent milestone of my senior year of college – I pre-registered for my last semester in college. What?! The more and more I think about it, the stranger it feels. I still remember sitting in my apartment back in Seoul pre-registering for my ESEM and Fall semester schedule of Freshman year after getting accepted into Bryn Mawr. I really can’t believe that I’m almost done.

I think that one of the best things about Bryn Mawr is it’s size. Pre-registering can be a nightmare, but since we are a smaller school, I don’t ever have to worry about not being able to contact a professor in time to get a tentative syllabus, or not being able to squeeze into a professor’s office hours to ask about their class. I can’t tell you how many times i’ve just shot an e-mail asking about a class throughout these past three years.

Dean’s are also always available – I don’t remember ever having to wait for more than 10-20 minutes during my Dean’s walk-in hours during pre-registration week, which is  miracle based on what my friends from other schools have told me.

I guess it’s bittersweet to think about the fact that this is the last time i’ll be able to create a schedule for myself based on my academic interests (that sounds a lot more depressing than it should). College, i’ve realized, is so great in that unlike high school, where you’re required to have back to back classes and limited options, you can make a schedule that is perfect to your tastes. Of course, there are gen reqs but those can be fun too and won’t seriously mess up your schedule (plus you have four years to take all the classes you want!). After this semester (and thesis, woohoo!), i’ll be finishing out my major and minor requirements in the Spring, but I have to say, I cannot wait for my 4 day weekend (Philadelphia and the Mainline treasures are calling my name!).The travel-obsessed foodie inside of me is jittering with anticipation!

Until Next Time!