Last Hellish Friday

Me and My Hellees on Day 1 of Hell Week!

Happy Friday, Bryn Mawr! Wednesday started off my last Hell Week, and a flow of nostalgia has been running through my mind ever since. It’s still unbelievable that it’s actually my last Hell Week – I still remember asking my Heller to hell me, and receiving my own schedule and performing at Goodhart with all the other Radnor freshwomen… boy, does time fly by!

Hell Week schedules that I made for my Hellees

Hand-Written schedules! As is our family’s tradition!

Hell week was so great for me because it really was a time where the entire student body came together to celebrate each other and welcome the freshwomen into the Bryn Mawr community. It may seem like a bunch of silly gestures from afar, but through all of the things that are experienced during this week-long tradition, a new bond is created between the youngest class and the rest of the Mawrters on campus. Hell families are a long-lasting tie that’ll keep you connected with a long lineage of Bryn Mawr women – I remember meeting my great great grand-heller at May Day during my freshman year and it was like an instant connection! It really solidified a feeling a belonging – at least personally. As a sophomore, it was great to give back and do what my Heller did for me for my own little hellees. It’s a completely different experience being on the other side, but nonetheless it was just as memorable!

our extended hell family on May Day, 2014!

It’s bittersweet to know that this will be my last Hell Week as a Bryn Mawr student. However, just as I met my Hell-ancestors, i’m sure that i’ll be continuing the tradition well beyond graduation. Happy Friday, Bryn Mawr!

Until Next Time!