Flowers, Flowers Everywhere!

This past weekend, a couple of Mawrters and I went to see the Philadelphia Flower Show at the Convention Center in the city. It’s crazy, but I’ve never had the chance to go prior to this year; more like, I never knew it was going on in time to attend (oops!). The theme for this year was “inspired by the films by Disney and Pixar”, so that was a plus. I absolutely love and will always enjoy anything Disney, so I was very excited to go with my friends!

We enjoyed a great dinner in Chinatown, which was only a 5-10 minute walk from the convention center (I shall post about a couple of restaurants that are absolutely bomb in the near future). The convention center itself was really huge, and the area that the flower show was located in was like a huge warehouse of sorts. The tickets were super cheap ($20 for students with ID!) and parking was very easily accessible, and was reasonably priced when split between the 6 of us that went.

What I didn’t know was that the flower show actually was a competition of sorts! As we walked around, there were displays that were created by students and schools, as well as various gardening groups around the city. We saw displays inspired by Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, Tarzan, Peter Pan, and Frozen…. just to name a few! The smell of flowers was almost overwhelming, but it reminded me of spring at Bryn Mawr, when all of the flowers begin to bloom and bring the campus back to life. It took us around 2  hours to enjoy and explore the entire exhibit, and the fact that it was inside was an absolute relief.

The flower show is still running until this Sunday (March 8), and I highly recommend that people take a little bit of time to go and see the beautiful displays! It amazes me that people are capable of making such art from things such as flowers… that are already beautiful when they stand alone! It’s definitely a great way to end a stressful week of midterms or a great way to start off a long-awaited Spring Break!

Until Next Time!