Last Sister’s Appreciation

our spiffy brothers. thanks for all your work!

One of the biggest parts of my college life has been Grace Covenant Church and the events that take place every year. The Spring is full of exciting celebrations, including Sisters, Brothers and Seniors Appreciation. It’s a time where our community comes together to appreciate one another, during a time of transition and good-byes (tears…)

We were picked up at Pem Arch and taken over to Villanova, where we shuffled up to the event space. All of the guys in our community had dressed up in suits and welcomed us with a round of applause. the tables were set with name cards, which were actually full of little ‘thank you’ messages from the guys. It was a great reminder of all of the good memories, and a sense of nostalgia swept over me.

winner winner chicken dinner!

winner winner chicken dinner!

We participated in a bunch of ice breaker games, and our table won what in my opinion was the most difficult and challenging – we were given a variety of materials and were given the task of creating the tallest tower that we could! We had peeps, gummy bears, uncooked spaghetti and tin foil to work with, and after we won, we all questioned each other – maybe we should consider switching into the engineering field! (of course, kidding… with less than a month left, that is barely a joke!).

It was also the first year where the undergrad guys cooked the entire dinner for us by themselves without any help from the young adults community at our church. To my surprise, it was quite delicious – it was a stirfry of chicken and vegetables, with a delicious and fresh garden salad with a side of hummus. The girls at our church are all very health-conscious, so it was a great feeling to know that the guys know us well!

villanova & bryn mawr gals.

villanova & bryn mawr gals.

Sister’s appreciation was just another reminder of how little time I, we (seniors), have left at school. We spend all this time with people from school and from these communities… and it’s difficult to picture a life where that isn’t possible anymore. Personally, I feel like it’s going to feel so weird trying to find another church community that isn’t party of a college ministry, or near Bryn Mawr, but at this time, i’m just trying to enjoy the time I have left with my fellow senior gals and the rest of the GCC community.

Until Next Time!